January 11, 2011

Acres of Vintage Space-Themed Fabric


Sometimes I wonder if the title of this blog is a bit of a misnomer. It's going to be another trip into the Space Age life as I give a little update on a few finds I've managed to snag over the past month.



Space-themed flannel fabric
These two panels of orbiting rockets and rocketting robots remind me so much of my beloved space jammies I had as a kid. I loved those things so much that I've made sure that Junior's grown through several pairs of his own space themed sleep wear.

Perhaps these can become pillows? Junior really needs to stop growing up so fast.



Space Curtains
Futuristic USAF jets flying in formation, over a background of stars, rockets and telescopes. Can you believe I won two paired sets of these vintage barkcloth space-themed curtains for just 99 cents? There's some slight fading in areas, but I cannot complain at a price like that. These are now up in Junior's room.


Space Age Blanket
The pattern on this huge home-made bedding covers the dawn of the space age, with images of Sputnik, a Redstone rocket, and a realistically rendered Mercury space capsule ascending off the launch tower (dating the design to around 1961). The colors are vivid and the blanket's never been used. This will look just right on Junior's bed along with the new/vintage curtains.


Oh, to be a kid again! With all these fun space graphics to dazzle the eye in Junior's bedroom, I think I just might have to be a little jealous.

7 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Jealous of the new curtains! I need to do some eBay searches today.

I also have a piece of the last fabric, in a different color.

Love the space theme!

Lisa said...

Thos. Curtains. Are. So. COOOOOOOOOOL. I am in absolute fits of envy. Good finds!!

Space Commander said...

Thank you Miss Atomic Ranch and Lisa! I didn't think I'd be the only one to really like those drapes.

That's right, you did have a pattern just like the blanket's!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I looked at some of those same fabrics when my daughter and I were doing Grandson #1's "big boy room." So cute!

Frankie's Wife said...

Yes, Yes the curtains...I have been looking for these for Levi's room. I saw these exact ones at Long Beach Flea Market about 5 years ago and made the mistake of not buying them. But, all this time that wonderful print has stuck in my mind and made me regret my decision. Thanks for loving them and giving them another run...you have lucky windows!

Space Commander said...

Thank you both! Those windows are definitely lucky. Junior just likes them because they're "spacey" and they're different, I don't expect he has any idea how special they are.

Anonymous said...

I've been searching in google for some new ideas and occasionally found this atomic-living.blogspot.com blog. I have to say that it's a unique blog! I admire how comprehensive each of the entries are. They are well balanced - funny and informational - and the pictures are cool too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails